Thursday, August 1, 2013

Medley of Inspirations ACNE STUDIOS SPRING 2014 Menswear





Now I know these pieces are hyper-contemporary, but honestly, that's what this collection was meant to exude. Designed by Jonny Johansson, this collection really brought out some of the bolder aspects that men should direct their attention to. 

Picture 1: I always love a man in a boldly regal shade purple, as long as it's not overdone with splatters of other overbearing colors. Purple is already a statement color in itself so when it comes, all other vibrant colors should GO. I always prefer purple with a more neutral hue of tan or khaki over jeans...
but white can really pop a purple out without making a mess of your color palette!

Picture 2: Although I'm not quite sure what the material of that jacket is, it's suede-velvety texture combined with a dark, maroon red makes it a stand out piece that, in my opinion, adds just enough taste to any casual outfit. If that beauty was thrown on with a simple white v-neck tee and a nice pair of jeans, I think it would most-definitely be a head-turner. 
This may also be a result of my obsession with suede bomber jackets on men. They always give a slightly sexy vibe while keeping an outfit looking casual and effortless. Depending on what kind of bomber/leather jacket a man buys, the look can appear polished and cut or more on the tough, rugged side.

Picture 3: This was by far my favorite look in the collection. I think a clean, almost monochromatic color scheme is an easy way for man's look to appear clean and well-coordinated. These colors give off a really charmingly warm and bright vibe.
For men who know their legs are a bit on the broader side, I don't necessarily recommend pants in such a light shade but if that's the case, then contrasting shades of blue could be an equal alternative.

1 comment :

  1.  If you want a Custom leather Jacket For Women USA so my preferances is jacketsinn.They provide a very good material and vary of qualities.

    ReplyDelete